Testing Blender player for Android

This is my humble test with the old (and I think “deprecated” at this time) BlenderPlayer for Android. I never had a chance to give it a try because I haven’t had  a device running android with some 3d support (just a small Mini Pc running android, but wasn’t enough). So this time I decided for a cheap tablet I saw in a store (Lenovo A1000), not a great one but this one has every thing I need to make my test, besides it runs quite decent some games (like Dead Trigger 1 and 2 and  others.. in a few words.. it does the job.

Mi first test was about shader capability, I’ve never tested before so it was one of my first concerns. The result was good enough, I used my Guillotine model running the player with 1024×1024 dif, spec and normal maps, it worked well but at the end I decided to use maps with fewer resolution and bit depth in order to increase performance.

shader_test_
Model with Dif, Spec and Norm

Continue reading

Looking for it..

While looking for a specific addon for a task I was doing, I found “Project Timer”, it is really handy, and you can keep track of your time working on certain assets or models, really helpful when working under some agile development metodology, It would be really nice to have it when I was working as freelancer in the past, because some times I tend to forget to make time anotations to keep a record with my scrum hours, just a thought..

Get the addon here.