PicoCAD – By Johan Peitz
A tiny modeller for tiny models
picoCAD is a program to build and texture lowpoly 3D models. Where many
programs for modelling and texturing are bloated and overly complicated, picoCAD aims to make it fun, easy, and accessible by focusing on the bare essentials. It is built on the PICO-8 platform and comes rich with constraints. Experiment to find your own workflow and anything is possible!
- Streamlined and easy to use editor
- Place and modify meshes to create amazing things
- Live manipulation of textures and UV coordinates
- A unique look with picoCAD’s dithered shading
- Render in wireframe, solid fill, or textured
- Ships with a manual that is worth reading
- Save files in easy to read text format
- Exports Twitter friendly GIFs
- NEW – Export to OBJ/MTL and import to Blender, Unity, etc
Join our discord for help, as well as cool stuff built by the community.
The #picoCAD on Twitter is also a good place to browse the latest and greatest.
I hope you’ll have a good time using picoCAD! If you find it useful, please consider donating – thanks! <3 More information
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||31 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Low-poly, PICO-8, Pixel Art, Retro|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
More info here